These healthy and nutrient packed muffins are a delicious and nutrition filled snack!
Recipe makes 12 large muffins.
Prep – 20 minutes
Bake time – 30 minutes
Cooling time – 20-30 minutes
1 orange, zested and juiced
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 cup dates and/or dried figs, chopped
1 cup dried berries of choice (recommend non-irradiated, sulphite-free)
2 cups chopped nuts and/or seeds of choice (seeds only for nut-free)
¾ cup coconut flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
Pinch ground nutmeg
¼ tsp sea salt
1 ½ cups cooked, pureed pumpkin (canned works well)
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ tsp baking soda
citrus squeezer (optional)
standard muffin tin
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Line 12 muffin pans with paper liners.
3. Place the juice, zest and dried fruit into a medium sized saucepan.
4. Cover and bring to the boil.
5. Simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Add the coconut oil, vanilla and baking soda and mix well.
8. Sift the coconut flour into a mixing bowl.
9. Add the nuts and/or seeds and stir to combine.
10. Add the cinnamon, ginger and salt.
11. Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
12. Add the mashed pumpkin.
13. Add the fruit mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
14. Spoon the mixture evenly into your prepared muffin tins.
15. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
16. Cool in the tray for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Let cool for another 20-30 minutes.
Sign up to receive bi-weekly updates about nutrition, health and wellness for you and your family here. As a free gift Michal will send you her eBook 10 Step Guide to Ultimate Wellness.