Made with a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, these dark chocolate truffles are perfect for the enjoying over the holidays!
Recipe makes around 32 truffles.
Prep – 25 minutes + resting time
Bake time – 45 minutes
1 ½ cups pumpkin puree (canned works best)
½ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup coconut flour, sifted
¾ cup raw honey
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ - 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or some dark chocolate chopped into small chunks)
1 cup dark chocolate chips or 200g or so dark chocolate
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
Measuring cups and spoons
Spoon and bowl
Double boiler (or microwave)
8×8 baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan with some extra coconut oil.
- Mix all the ingredients except for the coconut sugar together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Using a teaspoon, portion out truffles and roll into balls.
- Place on a parchment lined baking tray and refrigerate until firm and cold.
- Melt ingredients for coating together in a bowl (using the microwave or a double boiler).
- Using 2 forks coat each ball in the melted chocolate and replace on parchment to set.
- Refrigerate until totally set.
- Store in refrigerator.
Sign up to receive bi-weekly updates about nutrition, health and wellness for you and your family here. As a free gift Michal will send you her eBook 10 Step Guide to Ultimate Wellness.