These healthy and nutrient packed muffins are not only great as a quick and easy breakfast but also serve as the perfect snack!
Prep – 10 minutes
Bake time – 25 minutes
Cooling time – 25-35 minutes
4 ripe bananas, peeled and halved
Juice from 1/2 lemon
3/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
1 tsp concentrated natural vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil (approximately 50 grams)
2 cups blueberries (frozen is fine)
citrus squeezer (optional)
1 or 2-cup measuring cup
standard muffin tin
1. Preheat your oven to 350° fahrenheit
2. Line your muffin pan with paper or parchment liners
3. Place the bananas into a medium sized bowl and mash them well
4. Stir in the lemon juice
5. Sift in the flour, mix to combine
6. Add the eggs, mix to combine
7. Add the vanilla, salt and melted butter or oil, mix to combine
8. Gently and evenly stir through the blueberries
9. Pour the mixture into your prepared muffin tins filling 2/3 of the way
10. Bake in the oven for 23 – 25 minutes
Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before gently moving to a cooling rack.
Allow to cool for a further 20-30 minutes.
Enjoy alone or with nut butter, coconut cream or extra berries.
Sign up to receive bi-weekly updates about nutrition, health and wellness for you and your family here. As a free gift Michal will send you her eBook 10 Step Guide to Ultimate Wellness.