Look no further for a healthy snack that tastes great and is quick and easy to make! These energy bars freeze well and are easily transported for a great alternative to stopping at the convenience store or drive-through while on the go.
Prep – 10 minutes + cooling time
Cook time – 25 minutes
1 ½ cups chopped nuts
2 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon golden flax meal mixed with 1 ½ Tbsp. water (or 1 egg)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup nut butter of choice
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/2 cup cocao nibs or dried berries
set of measuring cups
set of measuring spoons
- Preheat oven to 325° fahrenheit (162.78° celcius).
- Grease a large baking pan with coconut oil.
- Pulse nuts and pumpkin seeds in a food processor until similar in size to sunflower seeds.
- Add coconut oil, nut butter, sweetener and vanilla to flax mixture.
- Add almond flour and salt and stir to combine.
- Add chopped nuts, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and cocao nibs or dried berries and mix well.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan, spread out evenly
- Bake for about 23 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool completely in pan before cutting into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
Sign up to receive bi-weekly updates about nutrition, health and wellness for you and your family here. As a free gift Michal will send you her eBook 10 Step Guide to Ultimate Wellness.