Information we collect
Calmmother takes reasonable measures to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of any personal information it collects, maintains and uses in order to provide products and services that best meet the needs of our customers. In doing so, we respect the privacy of our customers and recognize the need to reasonably safeguard their confidential information in our possession.
We gather information (such as name, email address and country) for contact purposes only when users complete an email submission form to inquire about our company, make an online purchase from this website (including e-classes), post a blog on this website or subscribe to receive our newsletter. In some cases we may ask for other optional information to further support you, including additional contact information, certain demographic information (such as zip code, phone number and gender), and/or information about your baby (such as due date/birthday, name and gender).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from visitors under the age of 18. However, we may collect information about infants and children from their parents. Users must obtain the explicit consent of the parents prior to providing information about a baby or child. We encourage parents to monitor their child's Internet use, and talk to their child about the Internet and information they disclose on websites.
How we use your information
If you email us, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request. If you enter a giveaway on our site and you win the contest, we will use your contact information to contact you to let you know you've won (and we may post your first name and last initial on our site indicating you are the winner). If you give us your email address when you fill out an email submission or make an online purchase from this website, you will have the option to subscribe to receive our newsletter. If you subscribe to receive our newsletter, we will send you information about calmmother.com as well as special offers, promotions and news about us.
If you do not wish to receive these emails you will have the option to opt out of future mailings by clicking on the unsubscribe link located on the bottom of all of our emails. Although we try to update our email list as frequently as possible, you may receive another email from us before we are able to remove you.
If you have previously opted out of receiving emails from us, providing updated information will act as an 'opt back-in'. If necessary, we may use your information to communicate with you in relation to day-to-day administrative activities, such as online purchases and important service alerts. We may also use your information to compile usage statistics and other data regarding the use of this website services.
Sharing your information with third parties
We keep your personally identifiable information confidential and generally do not disclose it to third parties. Below are applicable clarifications and exceptions.
- If you post any information in any area of this website that is generally accessible to othe users (such as blogs, message boards, bulletin boards or discussion forums), the information and any applicable metadata will be available to public. We encourage you to carefully consider any sharing of information or content like photos, videos and links via this website.
- If you sign up for our services on a third party website, that third party may know (from you) that you signed up on on our site.
- Although we do not provide any personally identifiable information about you specifically to advertising customers, they could occasionally find out information indirectly. For example, if we agreed on a target audience for particular advertisement (for example, if an advertising customer asked us to send certain information on baby safety products to parents with infants who may be interested). If you chose to respond to such targeted advertisement, the advertising customer may deduce that you are a member of the target audience we sent the advertisement to.
- We will obtain your consent prior to disclosing your personally identifiable information to a third party for their own business purposes (such as a sweepstake or survey). This may be done by email, an online opportunity to opt-out, click-through or otherwise.
- Calmmother may share aggregated statistical data with partners, including users' demographic information in an anonymous form (in statistics or reports to advertising customers). We reserve the right to provide any and all such aggregated and non-individually identifiable data to third parties.
- We may share personally identifiable information with affiliated companies.
Use of website usage data
To help us improve our services and enhance your experience on this website, we may collect additional website usage data using cookies or similar technologies when you visit this website or interact with our email notifications. For example, we want to determine what you may like or find interesting, so that we can provide you with targeted information and advertising. Accordingly, we may record information such as your Internet protocol address, search terms and referring web pages and keep track of how you interact with links across this website by redirecting clicks or through other means. For purposes of our business, we may also use data to create statistics and reports where personally identifiable information has been removed and aggregated.
We may allow third parties (such as advertising customers, agencies and networks) to serve some of the advertisements on this website. Calmmother does not have access to, or control over the placement of cookies or other tracking mechanisms that these third parties may use or the information these third parties may collect. You may have choices about the collection of information by third parties on this website via industry wide self regulatory programs or other mechanisms offered for opting out of interest based advertising.
You can also instruct your Internet browser, by changing its settings, to refuse or delete cookies or notify you every time a cookie is sent. Refer to your browser's help menu for these instructions. However, some of the features on this website may not function properly if you disable cookies.
We take reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that Internet transmission to or from this website is completely secure or error-free, and email sent to or from calmmother.com may not be secure.
This website may contain links to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you are 'clicking' away from calmmother.com to another website. The privacy policies on the linked websites may differ from ours and we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked websites.
We encourage you to review this page every time you visit this website. We also encourage you to review our Terms and Conditions as they govern your use of this website.